YOGA4RUNNERS helps runners stay injury free and improve core strength and flexibility
A training approach to increase the body’s ability to rejuvenate. We emphasize postural alignment, active breathing and correct range of movement.
YOGA4RUNNERS uses yoga asanas to counter muscle disbalances, prevent injuries and increase the body’s capacity for training. Our yoga programme adapts traditional yoga practices to alleviate different ailments such as back pain, muscle ache, lack of flexibility, tightness in the legs/glutes as well deal with stress.
With a holistic training approach that unifies body and mind, we aim is help students better understand how their bodies function. Our Yoga classes are kept purposely small so that each student gets individual attention.
For information on our Teacher Training Programme Click here
“Kyrin’s group classes were fantastic”
- Yoga Class Schedule: www.yoga4runners.nl
- Class = 1 hour with an optional pre-run in Vondelpark
- Studio = Oud Zuid, Amsterdam
- Trial Class = € 10
Frequently asked questions
Is yoga suitable for everyone?
- Yoga is suitable for all ages and all levels of fitness
- If you are new to yoga, we recommend you commit to at least 6 classes.
What style of yoga do you teach?
- We teach a sequence of flowing yoga asanas, that is informed by attention to postural alignment and breath awareness
- Our teachers are trained in various yoga methods: Vinyasa, Hatha, Asthanga, Jiva Mukti, Yin and Restorative yoga
- Private classes allow the teacher to tailor-make your session.
What is the size of the class and where are they offered?
- We offer group classes with a max of 12 people
- Classes are offered in our studio – Oud Zuid, Amsterdam
How often should I do yoga and how long is the class?
- It’s recommended that you start once or twice a week
- Commit to your programme for at least 6-10 weeks. This will allow time for you to become comfortable in the postures and have some improvements.
- Classes last 60 minutes. There is a pre-class run of 30 mins [optional]
What is the cost of the lesson? Groups classes are:
- Trial class = €10
- Package of 10 classes = €130/€110 [€20 discount for run groups]
- Single class occasional drop in = €15
- With your Race Start number = €5 [reward for doing a race – the week after your event]
- Private tuition = €65 for each session (solo or as a couple)
How can you schedule a lesson?
What equipments do you need for the class?
- No equipment is required for the class – mats are provided
- You can purchase your own personal organic yoga mat
What to do before the class?
- Eat at least 1-2 hours before your lesson
- Wear layered clothing made from natural fibers, this allows the body to better breathe
If this is your first yoga class
- Communicate any known or suspected medical concern to your teacher prior to the lesson
- If a posture feels ‘uncomfortable’ release slowly and immediately with the breath. Always listen to your body
If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- Inform the teacher. There are numerous postures recommended for the optimum health and well-being of you and your baby
If you need to cancel a lesson
- A 24-hour notice is required for a cancellation (preferably via email) otherwise the full session fee will apply
- Packages have a 4 month time limit
To schedule a lesson?
JOIN our Yoga Classes now! (class schedule)